Principal idea in VIA is following: add locations (destinations, places, call them as you wish), see what is the shortest route between them (the geodesic on the surface of Earth) and check the distance of your path.
You can save your favorite locations and routes and select them from some built-in lists to your map.
There are 6 ways to add new locations:
- in Map tab view click the + symbol and search for a location;
- in Map, long-press the map and add the location from the appeared pin annotation;
- in Map, select Action from the top left-hand corner and add your location (this is available only if you have allowed VIA to use your location);
- in Map, select an existing location, click in annotation the + button and click Drill through globe;
- in Top tab, you can select locations to be added from your Recently added places, Favorites or Built-in lists; and
- from your Favorite routes or Built-in lists you can add entire sets of locations simultaneously.
There are 2 ways to remove locations:
- in Map, select location and click x in annotation; and
- in Arrange tab, swipe location left, or select Edit and remove.
Change the order of locations
There are 3 fundamentally different ways to change the order of locations:
- in Arrange, click Edit and re-order your places manually as you wish;
- in Map click Action (menu is available also in tabs Distances and Arrange) and you can:
- randomize the locations in two different ways; and
- search for the shortest overall path going through all your locations, that is TSP 2-Opt (with its options), read About in Settings tab for further details.
Set location to favorites
In Map, select location click + in annotation and set to favorites.
You cannot add location that already exists in favorites.
Set route to favorites
In Map tab, click Action and set route to favorites.
In Distances tab, you find distances between locations and at the end the total distance (if you have more than two locations).